run less = less help

So I’m hurt again. The original self-diagnosis was ‘Achilles pull.’ It then manifested itself into a ‘soleus strain.’ Now it’s more along the lines of ‘tendonitis.’ The area in question is marked by the number “1.” I fear posting this will only draw criticism from peers (“Go to a doctor!”), but I feel confident that applications of R.I.C.E. will relieve my symptoms (this has worked 4 times already with other ‘afflictions’). I’ll do anything, however, to avoid repeating my previous experience at the doctor’s office.

Doctor: “So it looks like you have a bug.”
Me: “I’m pretty sure that’s the case.”
Dr. (after perfunctory checks): “Yeah, well, could be all sorts of things. Drink lots of orange juice and don’t sleep under a fan to help with the sore throat. You checkout at the window before the lobby. Have a good one.”

The orange juice (read: acid) hurt my throat and I slept in a room with no fan to begin with. Still, I struggled through this penance for a week and finally got over it.

Although I would love to give this leg a week, I just don’t think I can make it. I notice myself sighing a lot, eating and drinking things that are decidedly unhealthy, and opting not to answer the phone when I’m doing absolutely nothing. How many days has it been since I hung up the trainers? Two. I know. Helpless.

0 comments:

Post a Comment